Tuesday, March 18, 2008

...an old friend...


Ever since I began to experiment with polaroids and illustration, I've found myself drawing less and less. I couldn't figure it out since I'd spent the last year completely immersed in the discipline of drawing, committed to developing deliberately mature/seasoned fine art and illustration. But something just clicked a couple of weeks ago that has tormented me creatively ever since and I just figured out what it was. The handful of polaroids, shot a little over a month ago, revived my passion for photography in a way I didn't expect...

..."I don't know what it is about photography; I just relate to it in a way that is different than my views and approaches towards other mediums & disciplines...

For those of you that don't know, I used to be a fine art photographer. I've always shot digital and worked primarily with an 8"x10" format; here is a post I published a while ago that shows some of my work currently on display in a Washington DC eyeglass boutique. So, photography is definitely an old friend."

© 2008 joe blend. All rights reserved.

No comments: