Monday, December 01, 2008

"thoughts on materials"


This section focuses on various types of art materials (both traditional and non-traditional) and their unique characteristics.



Some specific information will include a medium's reaction to different types of paper, good and not-so-good times to use them, advantages and disadvantages to their use, etc. Some materials are my favorites while others I try to avoid; regardless, I'll cover all the ones I've used and will venture into new territory to cover new materials when possible. While I have a number of materials at my disposal, I don't always use them regularly so new listings may not be added to this article on a predictable basis. As for traditional versus alternative materials...I have no preference; each element used in art is important and its origins, although possibly non-art based, are not as important as how well it may serve a particular project.

Art is a great experience, it thrives on new ideas and experimentation. My hope with this section is that it motivates you to try something new or to look at a familiar material in a new and interesting way. Any updates in this category will be provided through Twitter...http://twitter.com/nodecafhere.


thoughts on materials:

...Staedtler pigment liner
...prismacolor markers
...carving block
...sponges
...coming soon (sketch pencils, espresso)

No comments: