Monday, January 19, 2009

thoughts on materials - "sponges"


primary use: general ink/paint application
overall opinion: Fair

advantages: easy to find, inexpensive, they can create interesting ink/paint treatments.
disadvantages: these particular sponges can be difficult to use when applying ink/paint due to their angles and textures.







misellaneous: My experience with the above types of sponges has given me mixed feelings about their use. I haven't used them often; as a matter of fact, this is probably the least used medium for ink/paint application in my supply of art materials. However, I am willing to use them in future projects since their use can result in interesting treatments; I'm sure they have their time and place but this is one material that I will have to re-visit. I'll update this section with new comments after I've used these materials again.

more thoughts on materials:

...prismacolor markers
...Staedtler pigment liner
...carving block
...coming soon (sketch pencils, espresso)

No comments: