Saturday, February 14, 2009

I'm adding a new barista!


I've spent a lot of time considering the potential of abstractLatte and where I want to take it in the future. One way that I want to develop the endeavor is to add participants; more people means more creativity, more inspiration, and more possibilities. I also want to keep abstractLatte small, around 5 or 6 baristas and perhaps a few others that work in non-art capacities (that's subject to change but it's a broad goal for right now).

Each participant who is involved in a creative/art capacity undergoes a portfolio review along with an interview that includes, among other things, a verbal discussion of their artist statement. Each participant, or barista, will have a profile in "the baristas" section along with their work in the Etsy shop. Although each barista is encouraged to periodically submit new work, there is no schedule for those contributions.

I don't want to give away too much but I will tell you that the new barista is a painter so a new category will be added to both the blog and Etsy shop. As for the remaining details, I'll post an introduction article when their profile and work has been added!

No comments: